Back End Web Developer
Beelineweb.com is seeking a full-time Back End Web Developer who is eager for more variety and opportunities to grow.
If you are an experienced back end web developer, you could be part of our skilled technical team as we continue to build on over two decades of success in digital marketing. This is your chance to join a thriving company where you'll use your best talents and expertise to help us achieve even higher goals.
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time position in our Lake Country office. It involves working as part of a small development team and providing both software and technical support. On any given day, you'll collaborate and write code for essential web development projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration on the direction of web application and technology needs, as well as code changes
- Sharing on-call duties for occasional emergency technical support.
- Coding, troubleshooting, and supporting new technical solutions
- Communicating with staff and management to collect requirements and describe technical designs
- Collaborating on best practices related to the full life cycle of web development, including coding, code review, version control, build automation, testing, and implementation
Your many years of experience have given you the ability to solve all kinds of web development problems in a timely manner. In addition, you have:
- Web development experience in a professional environment
- SQL Server database experience
- An understanding of REST API fundamentals as well as experience related to developing back end solutions
- Strong object-oriented design skills and an understanding of common design paradigms
- An education in computer science or software engineering (or relevant technical certification. Non-traditional path candidates with relevant experience are welcome)
- Humility and grace under fire
- Analytical and critical thinking to solve problems that are not well-defined
- The ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and assignments
- The ability to take ownership of your work
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- A commitment to performing quality work with a cooperative and service-oriented attitude
Nice to have
- Angular (or similar modern front-end frameworks)
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks
- Unit testing experience (unit and integration tests)
- Node.js and other relevant backend technologies (outside our stack)
- Knowledge of technical search engine optimization an asset
- Microsoft Azure experience (or similar cloud architecture solution)
- Experience with ASP.NET Zero and/or Swagger API
We strongly value work-life balance at Beelineweb.com, which means we strive to provide generous benefits and rewards to our team to enhance both their work and personal lives. This means you can take advantage of the following:
- Competitive pay
- Medical/dental/vision plan (eligible after 3 months for full-time employees)
- Paid fitness breaks in our on-site gym
- Continual opportunities for learning and growth
- Birthdays off with pay
- Beautiful, spacious, eco-friendly office in central Lake Country
- And a lot more!
How to Apply
- Write a cover letter that makes it clear why you're a great match for Beelineweb.com.
- Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day September 17, 2021.
Established in 1998, Beelineweb is a search marketing company based in Lake Country, BC that has grown to become a top provider of inquiry delivery in the education sector throughout North America. In addition to its business-related ethics and standards, Beelineweb is a socially and environmentally responsible company that is striving to reduce its environmental impact. For more information, please visit www.beelineweb.com, or check out Beelineweb.com on Facebook!
We thank all who respond to this career opportunity, but will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.